Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009

焼き肉...Yakiniku...Japanese barbecue

Yesterday, among others we visited this temple, one of the biggest wooden buildings in the world.



This is just the entrance gate to the temple...


We also went to the Nijo-jo, an old Shogun castle with those famous Nightingale floors, wooden floors that squeek when you walk on them. Apparently, samurais were afraid of being assassinated by intruders during night.

Zen garden of Nijo-jo.


Today we took it easy and had a lazy relaxing day...with a little shopping though.
Leaving the hostel later than usual we started visiting the local playground where Selma showed us her new climbing tricks. From there we went down town to have lunch and to get closer to the shopping area.

Rikke could not stop herself...again...conferring the addiction to Selma who could not leave the shop without getting a new fancy skirt that she wanted to wear right away. Also a pair of pink shoes she got...a pair of running shoes obviously as from there she did not want to sit on my shoulders any more. Finally, a good buy!

I really tried to find something nice for myself but it was not easy, mainly because of two reasons. Firstly, Japanese men are so small that even XL is too short for me and secondly, if I eventually found something trying it on was not allowed! How dirty do I look?

So I decided to go for shoes. Here, trying to fit was no problem. I could not resist no more to the influence of pop and got a pair of multi-colored Nike boots. Awesome, especially for the dark and grey winter period in Denmark and Sweden.

It was blue from smoke in there although each table had a hood.

The highlight was definitely our Yakiniku dinner at a small restaurant close to the Budget Inn.
You order a 'set' and get a 'ready to start' grill on your table. As starters we tried some hot and spicy pickled vegetables and then comes a big plate of meat...both beef and pork in small bites together with a broad selection of raw vegetables and mushroom. You just grill them yourself medium, well-done or burned...I had a beer with it and felt quickly like the 'Grillmeister' considering pouring some beer over the meat when flames became too high. The chef instead recommended ice cubes for that issue. Anyway, beer would do better. I will have beer ice cubes when I open the first Japanese barbecue restaurant in Copenhagen. Great idea!

The Yakiniku chef.

Finishing this blog I face the fact that my review draft has to be done tomorrow, so I better get there.

Tomorrow, we will head out for a final sightseeing tour and then prepare for getting home.

Best
Kristian

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen